Saturday, January 15, 2011

An Ode to Caprica


So the much anticipated and somewhat controversial prequel to the Battlestar Galactica reboot has come to an end. I understand why a lot of people stayed away first of all it is nothing like BSG itself no epic space battles here and the whole politics thing is on a much smaller scale. I remember when I first heard about I thought I was going to give it a miss and would have if not for the casting of an actor I really liked from Kyle XY I would have.


After the first few episodes I was still ambivalent but the show eventually began to grow on me. Add into that one hell of an online twitter campaign spearheaded by the star Alessandra Torresani who before this I had never heard of. The online community that got behind Caprica was incredible but as so many fandoms know from Jericho to Heroes, fan presence alone can’t save shows when viewing figures tank.



I am definitely sad to see Caprica go even sadder when I finished the last episode of the previously withheld final batch of episodes and saw the 5 minute taste of things to come which gave us a taste of what season two might have been, and from what I saw it might have well been AWESOME.

So goodbye Caprica and I guess hello to Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome I hope it learns from the mistakes made by its predecessor.

No comments: