Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Back from Beyond

Wolverine
I checked this out at the cinema this week and it clarified several things for me. One it is DEFINITELY worth paying 3 times the price and waiting till I am in Chelmsford to go to the cinema when placed against using the local cinema. I can’t be dealing with full cinemas especially when they are full of obnoxious idiots who can’t STFU while a movie is on.

The other thing I learned is that if you really love a character than the people at the movie studio will cut out the characters soul and gorge themselves on it like a pack of jackals leaving the results well… barely watchable. Poor Deadpool when I heard they were casting Ryan Reynolds I thought back to him in Blade Trinity where he basically played Deadpool.

Oh yeah nearly forgot Cyclops power is a concussive blast with the potential power to punch through a mountain. That last part is probably hyerbole though the point is though it does not give off heat it is force, so no he could not start a fire with it for instance. It is interesting that they almost seemed to switch powers with Gambit who has been show to have the ability to cause the explosive blasts in the past at least.


Heroes 3.24 + 3.25
The last two episodes of this show befuddled me greatly. The finale I really did not like and “I AM SYLAR” left me with this nagging little voice that said that there was no way the finale would be recovering from this episode. As you know I am a frequent contributor to the forums for Heroes over at 10th Wonder Podcast. I just don’t know what to say or do about Heroes anymore the characters just seem to do anything and go totally against character. Glaring plot holes are driving me mad, Nathan dead? Nothing Claire’s blood couldn’t heal but somehow we forgot about that. I could on and on but I want to get this blog out there.

Battlestar Galactica - Finale
YES I know I am coming to the party late but such is the shortcomings of living in Europe. I thought the ending was pretty good all in all. I can’t claim to have easily understood all the themes and idea of BSG sometimes it really threw me for a loop but in the last season I felt things were a little tighter and I especially loved the half season finale (I think it qualifies as one) was deliciously brutal. I kept watching a lot of the time mostly for Baltar as he was such an interesting character who only sometimes for me acting totally out of character. His redemption was interesting and ultimately believable for me and it was interesting to get that insight into how Caprica managed to get the secret info.

No comments: