Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Week

Strike is over... WHERE ARE MY SHOWS!!!
Hey I’m very very happy to see that in all likelihood the WGA strike is over but me probably like most of you are wondering about how much damage has been done to the TV schedules. Living in the UK looking at the way that the US organises it TV scheduling gives me a headache. By the look of things having a quick look at a few news sites tells me Heroes won’t be back (which I knew from spending so much time on TV.com forums) and also it seems Chuck won’t be coming back till the autumn which is a real shame it is the first comedy show that I have deemed worthy in years most new comedies just seem to pass me by. Hmm thinking about it this also means that the Oscars will be ok if you are into your awards ceremonies.

Fallout
According to Cash Peters the following shows that matter as edited by me are gone as in cancelled.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
Absolutely awesome I really hope that Cash has got it wrong in this case and that it will stick around for a season or two I mean the hype alone got most of us prepared to give it some time and I like what I have seen so far. There was like a 2-month teaser campaign in the UK that’s crazy and unheard of in most cases.








The Bionic Woman
I didn’t think I would like this show but I do now maybe it is the British attraction I don’t know but I am sorry to see it go. It is interesting to note that Flash Gordon managed to make it to the end of its run but that is probably down to being on the Sci-Fi channel, it is a shame that networks can be so timid. Flash Gordon was actually pretty intriguing I rate it more fun than forcing myself through Smallville these days more Lana drama than I can manage.

Moonlight
A guilty pleasure but no more apparently this one has called it quits too.

Diana
You know what they are still doing that inquest thing, biggest waste of money I can think of at the moment soon to be eclipsed once the national ID scheme goes ahead though. Diana’s death is one of those incidents people either buy the cover story or they won’t simple as that no amount of hearings will change that. It is best we just let it drop of the news radar surely.

Mosquito
Nope not the little bloodsuckers but something else entirely. Apparently hearing loss begins in your twenties so this one security expert guy made a siren that only young people can hear and has successfully marketed as a way of keeping children away. I say children the public would call them ‘scum’, ‘feral youths’ or ‘ne’er do wells’ ok maybe not the last one but I’m feeling a bit old school. I was just surprised that this technology existed I honestly thought it was a joke for awhile.

And that’s the week that was. Goodbye and be safe.

No comments: