Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I like Book Blogs

But this is not a book blog at least that is not all of what we try to do here. I love reading and book blogs obviously because they promote reading I am also interested in sharing my love of reading with others, it dismays me how many times when I am talking to people who say they don't read. Meaning of course they don't read for pleasure and dismiss it almost entirely out of hand. Which is strange because in a lot of cases these are the same people who watch shows like Gossip Girl, The Vampire Diaries and Dexter as regularly as clockwork probably with the past seasons on DVD.

I would challenge these same people to read Dexter and find it boring (the primary reason given when I question people as to why they don't read) it is an interesting and novel take on the serial killer genre with a character that you end up actually liking even as he hacks his way through his victims.

So in case you didn't know below are a few top series inspired by books, maybe something that you might like reading or already have, you should share this with non-reading friends so we can convert them.





No comments: